LungForceGlam Kicks Off A Glamorous Night To Remember For American Lung Association!
LungForceGlam Kicks Off A Glamorous Night To Remember For American Lung Association by Adriana Michelle:
West Hollywood embraced glamour and all things turquoise Tuesday night inside of London Hotel for the inaugural LungForceGlam 2015.
It was night to remember as American Lung Association, West Hollywood leaders and lung cancer survivors gathered for an upscale evening to raise funds and awareness to fight against number one killing cancer in America–lung cancer.
Hosting the magical event, beauty besties Maxine Tatlonghari and Jennifer Chan teamed up to guide the night’s special events. As owner of leading beauty brand Vanity Girl Hollywood, Tatlonghari spoke powerfully about LungForceGlam’s mission of recruiting the next generation of leaders that include women and millennials.
“LungForceGlam has provided the platform to build partnerships with the City of West Hollywood, businesses and individuals in the community who are committed to the prevention and cure of lung cancer, ” says Jill Arnstein Managing Director for the American Lung Association.” Our national priority of reaching millennials has become a reality in Los Angeles. The leadership of West Hollywood has provided the model for all communities to raise their voice against lung cancer and for lung health.”
Also sharing a heartfelt testimony for the cause, Chief Vanity Girl honored her late mother, Virginia Jane Tatlonghari, who died of lung cancer without being a smoker.
Tatlonghari and Chan’s charity work within the city was recognized on stage as West Hollywood mayor Lindsey P. Horvath proclaimed December 1st, “Breathing is Beautiful Day.”
Horvath exclaimed, “Breathing is Beautiful Day is important because it really focuses on harnessing the power, energy, commitment and spirit of young women in our community, and beyond our borders, to make a difference on behalf of the American Lung Association.”
Featured as a luxurious Hollywood gifting suite, the event included beauty and shopping experiences, specialty cocktails, hors d’oeurves and glam bags filled with product treats.
Leading West Hollywood businesses and beauty industry experts provided LungForceGlam experiences such as:
- AVEDA Beverly Center’s Ronnie Ulloa and team provided mini massages
- Sleek Hair’s Joan Ng showcased and gifted samples of the latest beauty products to hit the market
- Live.Love.Tarot’s Julie Rose provided tarot readings
- Maxine Tatlonghari of Vanity Girl Hollywood featured a braid bar by hair guru Tanya Ramirez of Untamed Instincts
- Basecamp Fitness’ Paul Ocampo raffled 1 free week of training
- Carrie Minter of Carrie’s Pilates Plus/Beauty By Carrie offered skincare samples and free pilates sessions
- B2V Salon’s Steve Lorocco styled, straightened and curled guest’s lovely locks
- Named Inc. Magazine’s ‘Fastest Growing Company,’ Ruby Polanco of Ruby’s Makeup Academy offered lashes and sparkles in donation to ALA
- QURE Water’s Lesley Ventura hydrated guests with top of the line Alkaline Water
- Lynn’s Vintage Jewelry displayed one of a kind jewelry, aside lovely portraits from Townsley Portraits
If you would like to donate to the cause, please visit https://tickets.lungforceglam.org/event/LUNGFORCEGlam